A race between the Godzilla-like Cadillac Escalade SUV and the gazelle of a Nissan GT-R to see which could sprint to 62 mpg the fastest doesn't seem like it would even be a fair fight. Yet, the two cars agreed to meet on an isolated country road to see which would leave the other choking on its dust.
Cadillac took one important measure before the race to help level the playing field. They had the speed-obsessed geniuses over at Hennessy retune the competing Escalade with a HPE1000 performance upgrade. After the upgrade was complete the 6,000 lb giant's 6.2-liter engine put out a total of 1008bhp at 5,900 rpm and 967 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,700 rpm.
Even with Hennessey's powerful upgrade, it seemed a stretch for the retuned Caddy to actually pull off a win. Yet, against all odds they did. They beat the GT-R by one-tenth of a second exactly. Now that's one performance deserving a standing ovation.. and perhaps even a few expletives over the grandeur of the accomplishment.
Cadillac Escalade HPE1000 Twin Turbo Upgrade Features- Forged and balanced 427 cid LSX engine
- High-flow cylinder heads
- Hennessey HPE1000 Camshaft
- Intake manifold upgrade
- Upgraded Fuel System (pump, lines & rails)
- Twin-ball bearing turbochargers
- Dual wastegates
- Air-to-air intercooler
- Dual K&N air filters
- All necessary gaskets and fluids
- Professional installation
- Dyno tuning and road testing
- Electronic boost controller
- HPE stainless steel turbo manifolds
- High-flow catalytic converters
- Stainless steel cat-back exhaust
- 160-Degree thermostat
- HPE engine management calibration
- Hennessey exterior badging
- Serial numbered dash and engine plaques
- 1-Year/12,000 mile limited warranty
Stay tuned for more Cadillac news, coming soon. Holm Automotive Center - 2005 N Buckeye - Abilene, Kansas 67410 is dedicated to keeping you informed.